About Me

My photo
Mild mannered woman child by day. Insane cartoonist by night. Mel one day hopes to figure out the meaning of life, comics are a tool to accomplish this goal, while not taking herself too seriously. OR AT LEAST IT WAS. NOW? Now it is said crazy persons attempt at making a comic choir, Because we all sound a little less crazy when we sing the crazy TOGETHER. THAT'S how mob mentality works!

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Love Letters to Comics: EmiTown

Emi town.

God EmiTown I loved the weight of your lines and the movement you made in the trench comics.  I cant free up my hand enough to capture that.  In stick figures, yes, in the finished product, no.  Your drawings are where I want mine to go.  The color pallet you use is subtle!  Man!  I love bright colors!  So its so hard to put my colors on mute.  I WANT THEM ALL.  The fact that you can keep it tame.  I wish I had written to you when you where working on the comics.  While I was reading them but I was working on ME and fixing my life.  Trying to get SOMEWHERE.  But I always felt like my plan entering the woods.  THE PLAN did not want to go into the woods, he was scared of what was there he wanted to turn around.  YOU WHERE THE GIRL THEN, you where a soldiure going where I was afraid to go.  Didnt know what was at the end but you saw the destination put on your game face and went into the darkness.  I have mad respect for you. MAD RESPECT.  I dont have the time to go back and reread your comics and tell you EVERYTHING that made me read your comics then but thats what I remember.   RESPECT.  You are far more awesome than I.


No comments:

Post a Comment