About Me

My photo
Mild mannered woman child by day. Insane cartoonist by night. Mel one day hopes to figure out the meaning of life, comics are a tool to accomplish this goal, while not taking herself too seriously. OR AT LEAST IT WAS. NOW? Now it is said crazy persons attempt at making a comic choir, Because we all sound a little less crazy when we sing the crazy TOGETHER. THAT'S how mob mentality works!

Blog Archive

Friday, January 17, 2020

I would jump on the bandwagon but I have standards.

My husband has been asking me to watch good omens with him for weeks.  I've been putting it off.  Once I've watched a movie there is no chance of me being able to read the book.  Years ago I picked up a second hand copy, from a bookstore that opened and was closed in a year, and for some reason everytime I pick the book up my brain feels as though someone is slamming a door shut.  
Right in my face.
The feeling is quite off putting and upsetting as I quite enjoy Terry Pratchett and Coraline was good.

I skipped Sunday school alot as a teen and would walk to the chapters nearby and read full books.  I would pick a book and read it an hour at a time a little every week.  I could never sit still durring the service.😕  that must be the reason.  God's punishing me by locking me out of a book that may or may not make him look cool to the masses again.  Or at the very least his foot soldiers.


I saw a performance of spamalot last year and beauty and the beast this year.  I can't sit in the theater seats pain free and it's not just the local community theaters rundown chairs.  The movie theater chairs are just as bad.  I saw starwars last week in the recliner chairs and and.......

AND GOD DAMN IT!
I want to make you laugh about this!
"Look on the bright side of life!" the performers sang.  
I started to cry in the theater.

2019 was rough:
My cat died.
My grandma died.
I finished the chapter on my icbc case just to get on with my life.

2019 was awsome:
Saw two local plays, Spamalot and Beauty and the Beast.
Went to Vancaf and handed out free zines.


And I'm going to try reading Good Omens again this week God, Cus I'm watching the show in febuary, and all I'm gonna say is if I can't finish it and the shows really good.  I'm going to go buy a book on witchcraft just like when your followers pissed me off in highschool.   
I'm trying to draw comics full time now. Why not fully regress into childish vengeful insanity?
I mean.
You would do it for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment